At Sun Lawyers we can assist EU nationals applying for a Spanish residency card.
Would you like to apply for your Spanish residency card? Are you from an EU country? Are you planning on staying in Spain more than 90 days? Let us explain how we can assist you.
What is a Spanish Residency Card?
The Spanish residency card is basically a permit that, as an EU national, you’ll need to apply for if you are planning on legally staying for more than 90 consecutive days in Spain. Non-EU citizens have a different type of card that includes a photo. The Spanish residency card for EU citizens looks like this:
What is the purpose of a Spanish Residency Card?
There are many scenarios in which you will be able to use your Spanish residency. Here are some of the common ones:
- Buying or selling a property
- Paying taxes
- Gaining employment
- Registering a business
- Buying or selling a car
- Obtaining a healthcare card
- Drafting a Spanish Will
The Spanish residency card also includes your NIE number (fiscal number), printed on the front, which is needed to legally buy or sell anything in Spain.
Where do you apply for a Spanish Residency Card?
Applications are mainly made in Spanish National Police stations or facilities designated for this purpose, that have a foreign affairs division.
Unlike the NIE number, which can be obtained through power of attorney or at your country of origin’s Spanish embassy or consulate, you will need to be physically present at the time of application for Spanish residency.
How can Sun Lawyers assist you?
As with all of our services, our Spanish residency card service is comprehensive and is designed to relieve the stress of you going through the tedious bureaucracy of the process. We can help you with the following steps:
- Preparation – this is key, as well as 95% of the success. We’ll study your personal situation to guarantee you’ll obtain your Spanish residency in one go.
- Application form – No worries, we speak Spanish, so we’ll fill out the application form for you.
- Government fee – There is a small fee that must be paid at the bank prior the application day. We’ll do this for you as part of the service.
- Translation – You won’t be alone on the day of the application. There could be some unexpected questions or requirements. We’ll be there to help and be ready to solve anything as we go.
If you have any questions regarding the Spanish residency process, contact us today. We’ll be happy to hear from you!