Immigration Law

Sun Lawyers can help you with any aspect of Immigration law.

Immigration Law is an area of specialisation at Sun Lawyers. We have helped many individual clients from other nations who have chosen to settle in Spain.

If you are thinking about moving to Spain, it’s important to seek independent legal advice in order to help you understand how you can apply for residency or citizenship and what will be expected of you when you become a resident.

At Sun Lawyers we can help you with the following:

  •  NIE (National ID for foreigners)


  • Residency Card 

     Tarjeta de Residencia

  •  Visas

     Visado Nacional


NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjero) – This is your identification number in Spain. It is needed in order to file taxes, establish a business, open a bank account, and for almost all other forms you fill out. Both EU citizens and non-EU citizens get issued a NIE.

Residency Card

Residency Card (tarjeta de residencia) is a card incorporating your NIE and your personal details. This is necessary for transactions where someone wants to see proof of your current physical address in Spain (e.g. banks, phone companies, etc). The process for a resident cards differs between EU and non-EU applicants.


Unless you’re a citizen of the EU you will need a long term national visa (visados) if you intend to live, work, study or carry out research in Spain for longer than three months. A Golden Visa will allow non-EU nationals to obtain a Spanish residency permit when purchasing property worth €500,000 or more. Read about Golden Visas in full – CLICK HERE

Sun Lawyers can also assist you with any additional tax or accommodation needs you may have once your residency is granted.

Call us on (+34) 96 532 11 93 or fill in the contact form provided.

Contact Us Now

 Subscribe me to your mailing list.