We provide a professional service for all of your property law related needs.
We are here to help guide you through all of the property law and legal issues and considerations that can be encountered when buying or selling a property in Spain.
Buying property in Spain it is pretty similar to buying a property in Britain or any other country. As everywhere, it’s a combination of finding the right place, settling on a price and going through several legal and financial procedures that may appear complicated but are in fact quite logical.
We can help you with any Property Law issues including:
✔ Resale Property Purchase
✔ Selling Your Property
✔ Secure Off-Plan Purchases
✔ Plot and Build Projects
✔ Rent to Buy
✔ Commercial and Leases
Buying a Property in Spain
Let us guide you through the purchase procedure and our services offered:
• Preparing and negotiating the private purchase contract for residential or commercial property.
• A complete set of legal checks on the property.
• Comprehensive Off Plan property purchase package, protecting your investment at all times.
• Obtaining your NIE number, Spanish Bank Account and Power of Attorney (if required).
On the day of your Purchase:
• Full day of completion support including translation services, attending the notary, signing of title deeds.
After Purchase Support:
• Ongoing post completion services including registering your deeds at the land registry and changing over of all utility services.
• Tax Services including reclaim of 3% retention, residents/non-resident taxes and landlord tax.
Our team will keep you fully informed throughout every stage of your purchase/sale with regular updates.
What is an NIE Number?
N.I.E. is an abbreviation for Número de Identidad de Extranjero, which translates as: Foreigners’ Identification Number. The NIE is an all-purpose identification and tax number in Spain. You need an NIE number for any official or legal process in Spain. For example, you will need an NIE number to buy a property, buy a car, get connected to the utilities and to pay your taxes.
Power of Attorney
Power of Attorney gives your lawyer the legal right and responsibility of managing your financial and related affairs. This is useful for the buyer/seller if you are unable to attend to your financial duties on a temporary or permanent basis.
The Association of International Property Professionals
We are proud members of The Association of International Property Professionals (AIPP). This exists for one reason and one reason alone: to improve standards of professionalism in the international property market.
When you see that a company is a Member of the AIPP it means that have voluntarily agreed to follow and be bound by the industry Code of Conduct. By using AIPP Members, you get: REASSURANCE – that a Member must act professionally and RECOURSE – to the AIPP if problems occur.
The badge of membership is a reminder to you, the buyer, that a company must follow professional standards, and act with honesty, integrity and transparency. As a Member of the AIPP, we have voluntarily committed ourselves to industry regulation. To verify our membership, to read the Code of Conduct, or to find out more about the AIPP, visit www.aipp.org.uk